The cosmetic dentistry office of Dr. Cannilla offers both take-home and in-office professional teeth whitening options. A common question asked by many of our teeth whitening patients is how does take-home whitening differ from in-office? While both forms of teeth whitening are equal in their effectiveness, they do differ in some respects.
The Convenience of At-Home Whitening
At-home teeth whitening kits allows patients to whiten their teeth at their leisure. While home whitening kits are a popular choice for their convenience, there are some points that patients should consider:
- While patients are provided with custom fit teeth whitening trays, some find these trays to be messy and uncomfortable.
- Patients typically notice results immediately, but for maximum brightness, you will need to continue to wear the trays for the specified amount of time.
- When abused or overused, whiteners can damage tooth enamel and expose the more sensitive dentin layer beneath. For this reason it is imperative that patients pay attention to usage directions as indicated by your dentist.
The Benefits of In-Office Teeth Whitening
Many cosmetic dentistry patients are more comfortable going with an in-office teeth whitening procedure. While both options will give you equally vibrant results, there are benefits to in-office whitening:
- In-office teeth whitening can achieve optimal results in less time than its at-home counterpart. At Dr. Cannilla’s office, all you need to do is relax in our massage chair and let Zoom! Whitening do the rest.
- The amount of brightness can also be controlled more precisely in an office setting. Dr. Cannilla is professionally trained and can adjust the shading of your teeth to ensure the most natural appearance possible.
- You may need professional assistance with whitening if you have implants or other restorations to ensure the enhanced teeth shade blends well with them.
Cosmetic Dentistry and Professional Teeth Whitening in Montville New Jersey
A proper diagnosis of the whitening strategy for your smile is important. Teeth whitening can indeed be for everyone these days but lasting professional results will require careful administration and care by an experienced professional. Contact the family and cosmetic dentistry office of Dr. Anthony Cannilla today and he can help you determine which teeth whitening option is the best for giving you a bright, beautiful and healthy smile.