An important part of your annual dental check-up is evaluating your current oral health and looking for early warning signs of cavities, tooth decay and tooth impaction. The best way to do this is by having x-rays taken to capture images of the inside of your teeth and gums.
Many patients don’t look forward to this experience, but there’s some good news! At our family dentist in Montville, NJ, we have invested in the latest x-ray equipment to make preventative hygiene comfortable and pain-free!
When Do I Need Dental X-Rays?
Usually, your dentist will recommend that you have your x-rays done once a year as part of preventative hygiene. This is critical to keeping your teeth in great shape and catching problems early so that they are easier – and painlessly – dealt with.
Your dentist may also suggest that you have x-rays if:
- You are new to the practice
- You have particular oral health conditions that require more regular monitoring
- You have any concerning symptoms of gum disease or oral diseases that require a more in-depth examination
Children may also require more frequent x-rays because their teeth need to be monitored as they grow. This will help identify potential issues (like teeth growing in behind baby teeth) early and come up with the best treatment plan.
Are Dental X-Rays Safe?
X-ray technology has come a long way and, although they do use radiation, they are safer than ever before, more accurate and more comfortable! In fact, the Green CT and 3D imaging software we use at our family dentistry practice is one of the most advanced dental x-ray technologies on the market. The benefits include:
- Low x-ray radiation, including child-sized radiation settings for additional safety and reduced exposure
- High-quality 3D imaging for instant, high-detail analysis
- A faster and more comfortable process that makes x-rays easy for patients
- Eco-friendly technology that is better for the environment
Our team is passionate about making high-quality dental health comfortable, easy and convenient for patients, whether they’re adults or kids, which is why we’re the only family dentistry practice in North Jersey currently running this elite system.
To find out more about dental x-rays, our dentistry services for families, or to book an appointment, please contact us today or visit our website at http://www.cannilla.com/