If you’ve moved to a new area or have a new addition to your family, finding a good family dentistry practice is going to be on your “To Do” list. Here are some tips for finding the right dentist:
- Word of mouth: There’s no better advertising for a family dentist than happy clients, so ask local friends and family for recommendations. If you don’t know a lot of people in the area, speak to your family doctor, local pharmacist or even use it as a chance to get to know your new neighbors!
- Make sure they can take young children: The dentist’s office can be a scary place for young children, so it’s important to find a practice that not only knows a lot about children’s dentistry but is prepared to put in the work to help make it a positive and comfortable experience for your child.
- Visit before you make your decision: If you’ve narrowed your search down to a couple of choices, go and visit them at a quiet time of day to see what it’s like in person. Phone beforehand and chat to the receptionist to get a feel for the practice. If you have any other questions, ask for an appointment with the dentist so that you can meet them in person. This will give you peace of mind when it comes to your first visit!
- Check the state dental board: Dentists have to be registered with the dental board in their state in order to practice, so it’s good to check your potential dentist’s status. You can also track any claims made against your dentist, letting you evaluate their service.
- Know what services you need: Services vary from dentist to dentist, so make sure that the practice you choose offers what you need. Some dentists simply do cosmetic dentistry while others focus only on pediatric dentistry. For many families, it’s easiest to choose a dentist that can see to both children and adult dental needs.
Welcome to Our Children’s and Cosmetic Dentistry practice in Montville, NJ
With two kids of his own, Dr. Anthony Cannilla is a kid’s dentist who knows just how important – and how challenging – children’s dentistry can be! With a team that loves children and is always happy to find new ways to make oral hygiene enjoyable for kids, our practice is always available to assist parents develop oral homecare techniques as well as teach children the importance of healthy teeth.
While we offer pediatric and children’s dentistry services, we also cater to the needs of adults of all ages through our general and cosmetic dentistry services. We also offer Botox treatments, treatment of sleep apnea and teeth whitening solutions. If you’d like to find out more about our Montville, NJ family dentistry practice or meet our staff, please contact us today or visit our website at http://cannilla.com/